Through Windows Command Prompt
Ensure that you have logged onto Admin user account to disable bitlocker encryption. Follow the steps given below to disable bitlocker encryption using Command Prompt.
- Open Command prompt in Administrator mode.
- To check the status of BitLocker encryption in the system execute the command given below.manage-bde -status
- Ensure that the results for the required drives(C:, D:, etc) are as follows.Conversion Status : Fully DecryptedPercentage Encrypted : 0.0%
- If the result is “Percentage Encrypted : 100.0%”, decrypt the BitLocker for the required drives using the commands given below.manage-bde -off <drive letter>:E.g.: manage-bde -off C:
- Check the BitLocker status after disabling using the command (manage-bde -status) and ensure that the “Percentage Encrypted : 0.0%“, before proceeding with the image creation process.